Social Activities, Hobbies & Leisure
Residents are actively encouraged to pursue their interests and since the home is an integral part of the community, we also encourage local people to participate in and contribute to activities in the home. Residents are encouraged to pursue their interests within the local community.
The company employs a activities coordinator who support the home in relation to all activities, therapies and entertainments.
The home has 3 notice boards which provide the most recent information regarding activities and events.
Spiritual Needs / Religious Services
At Bryden House, we seek to accommodate the wishes of those residents who are able to attend services outside of the Home. We also have a comprehensive policy concerning religious and cultural beliefs. Arrangements are made, wherever possible, for visiting clergy to attend the home to ensure that those who can no longer attend at their normal place of worship can continue to follow their faith.
Other Support Services
- There is a hairdressing service available (extra charge applicable)
- There is a chiropody service available (extra charge applicable)
- Escorted visits (extra charge may be applicable)
Tracy Stead is the Care Home’s Activities Coordinator and ensures activities take place most days; she works a minimum of 25 hours each week and organises activities that are individual as well as group activities and events. She organises a wide range of activities and entertainment, so you can rest safe in the knowledge that you can enjoy existing hobbies and even take up new ones! These could include:
- Movement to Music
- Games Afternoons – Scrabble, Bingo, Draughts, Ludo, Dominoes
- Flower arranging
- Discussion Groups
- Card Games, Quizzes and crosswords
- Arts and Crafts
- Reminiscence groups
- Reading letters/magazines/newspapers / books
- Visits by schools and other community groups
- In-house entertainment
- Film showings and watching television
- Birthday tea parties and other celebrations